Saturday, November 10, 2007

What if Nothing is Funny.....

So if I tell myself I'm going to post and I have nothing to say.....then what? I have a headache. My mind is full of crap. Davin's boyfriend's dad died suddenly at the age of 49. No one can find his will.. He was divorced, has 2 kids that are 22 and 24. And adopted daughter estranged from teh family for 9 years has shown up wanting her part of stuff. they're fairly certain he has a will, update in the last 2-3 years. No one knows where it is, who the attorney was, nada. We've gone through every piece of paper in that house.....nothing. Anyway........my head is full of crap trying to help them figure out something.

I'm going to get a massage this morning. I need one. No, I don't work outside the home. I stay home and play with my 1 year old granddaughter all day but still....I need one. The girl that's doing it though is like a lady wrestler. She almost killed me last time. Seriously, my back hurt worse the next day than before she started :-) I'm going to have to tell her to ease up on an old lady today.

We have a birthday party to go to this afternoon. One of my ex-husband's daugher's baby. (yeah, go try to figure that one out). I've been married a few times. Well, OK 6 to be exact but who's counting?

I married Britt's dad, we stayed married 7 months and divorced after a big fancy wedding, stayed divorced 4 months then remarried (at the courthouse) for 3 years. He's remarried and we are friendly. I really like his wife. She's a great stepmom to Britt. He was a forklift operator (this is important later in the story)

I married Davin & Kaylor's dad. We had a fance ceremony (tux and fancy dress) at the courthouse. We stayed married for 5 years. He's remarried and has a son. We're friendly with them as well. Nice people (just not good enough to be my hubby). He's a mechanic.

I married a guy that I knew from work. We dated 6 weeks then got married. I was doing a 2nd job as a contract nurse for the health dept, he was doing a day shift at the police dept. We met on break at the court house and got married. He's a jerk (well, was a cop by profession). anyway, I put him most of the way through lawschool. None of us like him. We were married 5 years. He's still a jerk.

I married another guy I knew from work. We knew each other for years then he got divorced, I was divorced so we got married. We got married on the riverboat in Chattanooga TN. He had 2 girls that lived with us. We were married for 3 months then while I was at work one night, he packed his stuff and moved back in with his ex-wife. Nice. We got an anullment (so technically that one doesn't count). He was a fireman.

It's been said that I've been married to The Village People. HAA! (see that's why the occupation was important. Get it?)

Anyway the fireman's daugters and Britt and I still stay in touch. The older one is Britt's age. She's married now with 3 kids. One is a month younger than Maliyah. We get together for lunch sometimes, take the kids to the park and such. Today we're going to lanie's b'day party. HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY LANIE!!

Man, for someone with nothng to say, i sure said a lot.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

"....It's fun to stay at the Y M C A...."

I heart you Nana.