Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Fun Day........or Not

So it's happening already. A monkey wrench in the works, a kink in my plan, a bump in the road, call it what you will. I don't get to blog a bunch today. I'm going to an auction in Atlanta with Brittany today. I've been going to these auctions since 2001. This is Britt's first time. Jerry & I used to go with my mother, brother Jeff and his wife, Lynn. We used to have tons of fun at these things. Then my brother and his wife stopped going so often, Jerry started a new job so now I go with my mom. Someday when I write more about my mom you'll understand this better but my mom managed to take alllll the fun out of going. I'm not sure how she does it but she has a talent for doing that. At any rate, it's to the point now that I dread going. I get grumpy for 2 days before I know I have to go. So, why don't I stop going, you may ask......again, you'd have to know my mother. My telling her I'm not going any more would be akin to telling her I'd decided to no longer wear clothes. It would just not be pretty (her reaction, silly, not me with no clothes....well, OK that too). I'm hoping it'll be more fun since it's Britt & I going. We usually have a good time wherever we are.

After reading some of Dawn's blog last night, I started noticing that I, too, start lots of my posts, sentences, stories with the word "so". Not sure why, it just sounds right so I'm making no attempt to stop doing it.

It's freakin' freezing (I also use the word freakin' a lot) here this morning so I'm out to warm up the car.
XOXO

No comments: