Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Mental Roller Coasters Make Me Vomit

So this has truly been one of those kinda' days.

I got an email yesterday that some news I was waiting for should be in today. I waited.....and waited.....and waited. Finally at 4:30 I called, everyone was gone for the day. GRRRR

While I was doing all that waiting, I took my grandmother to the eye doctor for 2 freakin' hours!! Now Mamaw will be 91 years old in Jan so I don't expect a lot from her but by the time we left the office, I wanted to pull my hair out. She asked me no less than 9 times what she should bring for T'giving dinner (nothing), she asked me no less than 4 times how Kaylor behaves with Maliyah (fine, he loves her dearly), she asked me at LEAST 12 times when Keith is coming home (tonight), she said 8 times (progressively louder each time) that the office was too busy today and they must be taking off the rest of the week and trying to cram everyone in today. WHEW!!!

So I take her home, and then set off to run some errands and grocery shop for my T'giving dinner. Went by Walmart but didn't buy groceries there as i had a big $$ off coupon for Food World. At Food World, they were out of 4 of the items I needed so I have to go back to Walmart tomorrow to pick those things up GRRRR

On the way home, I stopped at my grandmothers to drop off her sweet potatoes that she asked for (and told me 87 times not too little and not too big because she can't carry them if they're too big and she has to put them in the sun to dry out so when she bakes them they'll be nice and moist).

Jerry called to let me know he lost his wallet. ARGGHHHH!!! He left it in the seat of the truck at work, thinks when he went to the gym he knocked it out. He retraced all his steps and can't find it. Only had $60 cash but military ID, driver's license, work ID, gov't credit card, all that good stuff. So I called the 2 banks and cancelled his debit cards. Was on the phone for freakin' ever. 30 min later, he calls to tell me he found it. ***sigh***

So got off the phone with him and hear a weird noise in the kitchen. I go in and discover it's only the water in the fridge then I look down and see water all over the floor. CRAP! I pull the fridge out and the little clear tube that carries water has a minute hole it and it's spraying everywhere. The tube is small....and clear...and the hole is tiny so everytime I move it to try to find the hole it's spraying me in the face. I can only find scotch tape to cover it...doesn't work. Finally found the knob under the sink and just turned the water off (which, by the way I've tried to use 3 times since I shut it off).

Britt came by here and said she was going to Walmart. I gave her money and asked to pick up the items they didn't have at the grocery store. She just saved me a trip to the madhouse called Walmart tomorrow!!! She called and said they don't have the items either. Figures.

If the rest of the night will just remain status quo I'll be a happy woman :-)

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Oh Nana - I'm sorry you had "a day". Those suck. I hope today is better. I heart you lots!!