Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I think I may have gotten someone in trouble...

So yesterday was veteran's day. There is a clothing store in our town called Goody's clothing. They always give people with a military ID 15% off. That's really nice of them. Well, yesterday they gave military families 25% off instead. Amber and I went shopping there. At the checkout counter the young lady told us if we apply for a Goody's card we get an extra 40% off making a total of 65% off our total purchase with no exclusions (yeah, I know mathematically it shouldn't be 65% but she said it not me). Anyway, I went back and picked up several other items to purchase. Ended up getting $334 worth of merchandise for $97. How awesome is that!

We met up with Britt after her dentist appt, told her about the deal then we all went back to Goody's. She picked up tons of things too. Only the girl that checked us out was no longer there. We got to the counter to pay and Britt asked if it was still 40% off to open a credit card. The girl behind the counter said "No, it's only 25% for opening a card with 25% off with military ID but that discount excludes jeans (which Britt had 6 pair of(". I explained that we had been there earlier and were told 40%. I asked her to call the manager to make sure. The manager said I must've been mistaken, no one there would've told me that. Ummm......yah she did. I described her and told her about my earlier purchase with 65% off. She said she wasn't going to make me pay the difference but that the earlier clerk was definitely mistaken. I think when she gets to work today she's in trouble. Hope she doesn't get in too much trouble. If you're that girl.....you know who you are.....I'm sorry.

Now that I think of it, Britt had on one of her new shirts last night and I really liked it and thought about going back to Goody's today to pick up one for myself....maybe I'll wait and go later...much later.

No comments: