Thursday, November 8, 2007

Laundry Mystery Solved

For the last year and half or so there have been 5 people living in this house. Jerry and Myself, Kaylor, Amber and Amber's fiance' Chad. Every Monday I had a mountain of laundry to do. Heck, most every day I had a mountain, some days only a hill, but still.....I have had to do laundry every single weekday for the last 18 months. On Mondays is was an allllll day thing because I chose not to keep up on weekends. Anyway.....you get the point. 2 weeks ago Amber broke off the engagement with Chad and he moved out. The following week I couldn't figure out where all the laundry went. I searched everyone's room thinking there would be dirty laundry lurking behind the doors, in the closets......nope. Nothing. I did laundry as usual on Monday. Took me 3 loads. Hmmm something's not right here. Tuesday, didn't even have enough laundry to do a whole load. Wednesday I did one load of laundry. Thursday when I had virtually no laundry to do it hit me like a bolt out of the blue....CHAD. He was missing and so was his dirty laundry. You wouldn't think one person would make that much difference but when I thought about it, he took a shower before work and put on clean clothes, of course. He took a change of clothes with him to take to the gym. He changed at the gym, came home afterwards, took another shower and put on clean clothes. Before bed he'd take yet another shower. Ahhh....mystery solved.

Now, while I have to find something else to count (see OCD blog) I can at least vouch for Chad's cleanliness if the need should ever arise.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hey, your water bill should go down too!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious Nana! Hooray for less laundry!

Ya know, you can always count the number of messes in the backgrounds of pics on Say Cheese. :P

Elisabeth said...

Holy Moly - you hit the motherload with that break up! Yeah for less laundry - more time for SHOPPING! (and blogging!)