Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sooooo.....

Brittany goes to school full time, hoping to graduate in '10 with a BS in nursing. I watch Maliyah during the day while she's at school. I love spending time with her and watching her grow. She loves putting things in and taking them out of anything...everything. Amber gave her a small purse to put things in. Her current favorite thing to do while she's here is carry the purse around, put the strap over her head then scream like a wild banshee until I remove it for her. Then she promptly repeats the process. Fun game. :-)

I was extremely proud when our oldest daughters decided to become nurses. Following in my footsteps? Not so sure that's why they did it, but we're proud of them nonetheless. I went to LPN school, graduating in 1985. I then went on to get my RN degree in 1987. I worked one year in general med surg, diabetic, psychiatric nursing then in 1988 found my true calling. I was an ER nurse at the 3rd busiest ER in the state until I retired in '01. I loved the people I worked with, I loved the docs (well, most of them) and loved my job. It's wonderful to get paid well to do something you truly love doing! I have soooo soooo many stories from my life in the ER. Some super funny, some super sad but all more posts for another day.

Guess I'll post more later. Maliyah has found a new game of closing the front door and squishing the dog with it. The dog's not enjoying it so much so I'll go rescue her.

No comments: