Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hung Out With Some Virtual Friends...and They Aren't Axe Murderers

So Britt & I belong to a message board made up of about 54 mommies who all had babies born in Oct '06. Most of us started chatting early in their pregnancy. We've gone through a lot together (yeah, even though I didn't actually have a baby). I'm the resident "Nana" on the board, the only one actually. I was the contact for many of the mommies when they went into labor or gave birth, they or their significant other called me so I could post the news right away on the board. We've been together through surgeries, baby illnesses, a couple of marriages, a break up, several moves, couple of deployments and tons more. There are mommies from all over the country, all races and religions. We have one mommy living in Germany while her hubby is stationed there. We've even agreed to pair some of the kids off in arranged marriages (relax, not really).

Anyway, a group of 4 of the mommies met a few months ago up in Chicago for a zoo trip. I missed that and was terribly sad. Then a couple of other times a couple of mommies have gotten to meet up. So far no one has turned out bad, everyone came back alive from the meetings.

In the last week I've had the pleasure of meeting 2 of the mommies/babies from the message board. One from MS (Mandy) and her husband and 2 boys. They were driving through here going to visit family and we (Britt, maliyah & I) hit up an IHOP for b'fast. We had lots of laughs, all 3 of the kids were nutty and it was great to get to finally meet Mandy after talking to each other for so long. Today we (Britt, maliyah, Amber & I) got to meet another mommy (Rayne) from Montgomery and her daughter. We had beautiful weather for walking outdoors and shopping. We had a great lunch at Macaroni Grill and had tons of fun!! We hope to meet more of our virtual friends in the near future.

3 comments:

Momma Mary said...

You mean you actually met some weirdo's from the internet?? Wow, you're crazy lady. Don't you know they could be axe murderers? I know for a fact Lynette is! HA! MUAH!

Glad you've had fun!

Bakersfunnyfarm said...

Yeah, I was a big brave girl! Actually, I knew Lynette wasn't coming and she had already loaned her axe to Katey so it was all good! :-)

Lynette said...

Hey come on! I gave up my axe murderer ways! Shey, Katey and Mary are all still alive! It is safe to meet me!!