Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The time for giving thanks.......

It's hard to believe that it's that time of year again! Seriously the past year just flew by for me! Thanksgiving and Christmas though, they make the winter months bearable for me. :-)

There is so very much to be thankful for this year. Jerry & I have been blessed in so many ways this past year it's hard to even begin to mention them all.

I'm thankful for the love and compassion of God. He has seen me through so much and been so caring in times of trial and confusion. I know that He truly does love and care for me and assured me a place in Heaven.

I'm thankful for the most wonderful husband in the world. I'm sure you've heard the Brad Paisley song "Waitin' on a Woman"...that's my husband. He's the kindest, most patient, and caring man I know. I was so truly blessed to have met him.

I'm thankful for the love and laughter brought to us through our children and granddaughter. There is never a single day, rarely a couple of hours, in this house without laughter.

I'm thankful that life is going well for the kids. There are ups and downs in life, but so much of life for them is "ups" that I'm truly thankful for that.

I'm thankful that when there are some "downs" that Jerry and I can be there to help. (although the word help is often subjective LOL)

I'm thankful for my "virtual friends". The AB October Mommies........nowhere will you find a better group of women who share a common bond for so long and show each other so much support and friendship.

I'm thankful for the freedom we have in this country and obviously for the men and women who have fought to make it so. I hope bless them richly for giving us a country that's wonderful!

There's so much in our lives we take for granted. I hope next year to spend the entire year showing appreciation more and not trying to cram it all in at Thanksgiving :-)

I hope each of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: