Monday, November 17, 2008

Life is Good Again!!!

Well, things didn't work out according to my plan but they did work out. Britt & Keith signed divorce papers last week. It was amicable and everyone is getting along fine. No custody disputes and Maliyah is weathering the changes wonderfully! It was a surprise and there are no concrete answers as to "why", just something that happened that we're all dealing with.

We tried for the longest to get Maliyah to call Amber "Auntie" and Davin "Aunt Dav" but instead, she has come up with her own monikers for them both. Amber is now "Aunnie" (pronounced aww-nee) and Davin is now "Dash". She's been calling them those names for quite a while now so I'm guessing that's their new names :-)

Dash and I went to Birmingham to shop today and on the way home we got to wondering what her kids and Amber's kids will call Britt. We're guessing Bibbit, like Davin did when she was little. We'll see.....that day is a long time coming, I think.

While we were in B'ham today Dash and I were talking about how Britt & I had met our virtual friend Rayne from Montgomery last year at the same shopping area we were in today. I was just looking back over my blog and it was exactly one year ago today that we met. Funny that exactly 1 year ago I was in the same town doing the same thing. I also read in last year's blog that Keith was in Canada hunting and was due back on the 20th. He's there again this year and is due back the 19th. Weird.....or not really i guess. Anway...just sayin'.

I've tried to wait until Black Friday to officially start Christmas shopping but I did start a wee bit early this year. For reasons I can't print here, lest the kids read it....I've HAD to start early!

I've been teaching a manners class at church for 3rd-6th grade. We wound that up yesterday. Now choir practice for the Christmas Cantata is in full swing, as well as getting ready for Thanksgiving then Christmas. This is SUCH a busy time of year but I dooo love it!

Hopefully I will get around to writing my Thanksgiving blog to help myself remember what all I have to be thankful for this year.

No comments: