Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas.........finally :-)

The eggs are deviling, the dressing is in the oven, the turkey is turking and the presents are all wrapped and waiting to be opened. Ahhh.....I love Christmas. I super duper love Christmas!! There are several things I'm very excited to give this year! Mainly.....my family chipped in and bought my 92 year old grandmother a new large LCD flatscreen television. She has no idea whatsoever that she's getting it. I just can't wait to see her face. If I know her, there will be tears. She's always so very thankful for everything she gets! I love her!

There are some awesome surprises in store for the kiddos too but I can't discuss them...yet :-) This year instead of numbering the gifts for each kids, I numbered all the gifts from 1 to 150, I did put names on them again this year though.

Back in April we did a "big kid" Easter egg hunt. Jerry & I hid one camouflage colored egg for each of the kids in a 9 acre area and gave them clues to where they were. They had to hunt for them in the dark with flashlights. It was pretty awesome. Everone won from $30 to $50. They had so much fun we decided to try to figure out something to do for Christmas too. Dirty Santa was becoming old hat sooooooo.....we're going to play Who Wants to be a Fifty Dollar-aire! Britt, Keith, Davin, Carl, Amber, Kaylor and my neice Stacy and nephew, Seth will play and can win from $10 to $50. My brother and I came up with trivia questions for them. Some easy, some hard, some is family trivia. We'll give them 3 life lines. Each question they get right is worth $10 and they will randomly draw five questions. I'm excited to see how this plays out. It should be fun!

In all the hustle and bustle this year....and I hope everyone has lots.....let's please all remember the "Reason for the Season"....Jesus Christ.

"I bring you great news, for unto you is born, this day in the city of David, a Savior" (Luke 2:10)

Let these words be a comfort, bring great hope and usher in peace and love. When you're watching the faces of those kids opening the gifts, asking a blessing over a bounty of food, or just sitting back and relaxing in the afterglow of it all, remember Jesus and celebrate his birth, his life, and his love.

Merry Christmas everyone! XOXOXO

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I heart you Nana! Have a wonderful Christmas - I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sara said...

Merry Christmas Nana!