Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lessons learned in the last 10 days

Patience is having faith in God's time table....learned this from my Baby Girl

No matter now much you want to protect your kids from anything hurtful, you can't always do it.

Crying will do nothing but give you a headache.

Satan works the hardest to do damage when things are going smoothly.

Grandchildren are the best thing in the whole entire world (especially Maliyah)!!

No one could possibly have a better husband than me.

Life goes on in spite of heart ache and you have to go with it.

Friends are the greatest.

No amount of shopping, talking, eating, not eating, playing with Maliyah can take away the pain of watching your child's heart ache.

There is nothing in this world I wouldn't do for my kids or Maliyah (yeah, I learned this one a long long time ago but thought I'd throw it in anyway.)

4 comments:

Alison said...

Nana - Hope all is well with you and your family.

Knick Knack Paddy Whack, Throw This Mom a Bone said...

Those are some hard lessons to learn Nana. :( I am thinking of you all...

Samantha said...

You and your whole family will only be stronger through the trials you go through, as long as you rely on God to help carry you through them. Christ suffered not just for our sins, but for our sadness and heartache. He is the only person who knows exactly how we feel, because He personally has felt it Himself.

I am thinking and praying for your family!

McKenzie said...

Keeping you all in my prayers. I'm so sorry about all that's going on. :(