Wednesday, January 21, 2009

President Barack Obama

So yesterday became an historical day....one that will definitely be in history books and we'll be telling our children, grandchildren & great-grandchildren about. The first Africa-American president in the history of the United States of America was sworn into office. "W" has gone home to Texas. A new era dawns on our country.

Bush wasn't so bad.....so he made some mistakes....he is human, right? I think all in all he was a good president. He was/is a good man and made the decisions he felt needed to be made to protect our country and our freedoms. He was dealt some difficult blows in his time as leader. I think it's easy for any of us to sit back and say "I would've done this or that". I stood behind him then and I stand behind him now.

Obama, I hope, won't be so bad either. I'm sure he'll make some mistakes, he's human too, right? He's only one man so we can't expect miracles from him. I didn't vote for Barack Obama. I felt like he's not strong enough to stand up for what he thinks is best for our country. I think he'll be easily swayed by others, rather than carrying out his vision of how great our country can be. I truly hope I'm wrong. I do know that, even though I didn't vote for him, he will have my full, complete support in making this country an even greater place to live. I wish everyone would do the same. I know there are some who will disagree with everything he says or does because of his race, political party, because he's a man or a yankee. Who knows....I just wish everyone in our country would pull together, respect the fact that he won and be grown ups about things.

Here's to a wonderful, properous, forward-moving 4 years President Obama. May God be with you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nana--if everyone in the world was like you, this world would be a great place. I don't ever care if the person I voted for wins or not, I am proud to be an American and I am glad we get the chance to have a say no matter what the outcome is. I support whoever our leader is and hope that God gives him the guidance to make good choices.