Friday, April 25, 2008

Life Gets Busy.....

So it's been a while......

I knew this would happen...I'd start a blog then, inevitably, life would get in the way of keeping it up. There for a while I was at least reading the blogs of others but now, there's only a few that I keep up with on a regular basis. Not sure how things got so busy but whatev! So I wrote last in Jan.....

In Feb.....well in feb pretty much nothing happened.

In March I turned 47 and my baby girl turned 21!!! Moldy Cow!!! I only have 1 more teenager! She went out with her boy friend, Britt, Keith, kaylor and some other friends and had her "first" drink (yeah, everyone that believes that raise your hand). On Easter, Maliyah had a BLAST hunting Easter eggs. We hid them for her, like, 12 times. We even spent a good bit of time in the days after Easter hiding eggs. The Sat before Easter Jerry & I did a 'big kid' egg hunt. we took 6 plastic camouflage eggs with numbers 1-6 inside and hid them (and I mean REALLY hid them) in about a 9 acre area. We gave all 6 of the big kids a page with clues to where the eggs were, gave them flashlights and sent them out into the dark to find the eggs. Surprisingly it only took about an hour and a half for them to find them all. They brought them back and got an envelope that matched the number in their egg. The envelopes contained either $30, $40 or $50. We all thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm trying to come up with other opportunites to do the same thing. I may try to do it with something special around Christmas or Thanksgiving. We'll see.

In April the big girls all took a trip for girl's week and to celebrate Davin's 21st b'day. Britt & Amber took Davin to Orlando for a week during Spring Break. They spent their days at Universal Studios, shopping and hanging by the pool. At night they were in the clubs, dancing, doing karaoke (of course, in my mind, they all back in the room in their jammies by 9). We got to keep maliyah for the week and had a blast! We were kinda' lonely though :-)

What's in store for the summer? Well, Kaylor graduates next month. That's pretty exciting for me because 1) he's my baby boy and 2) I wasn't sure we'd make it this far LOL Memorial Day weekend, Jerry & I are headed to Vegas to hit the jackpot (or leave them a wad of money, whichever). In August we're heading to MO with Britt, Keith and Maliyah to visit some "virtual" friends. There's a large group of women who all had babies the same times as Britt did and we've been friends for about 2 years now. Some of us are going to meet for a long weekend. In November we're heading with the fam to Gatlinburg. probably somewhere in between we'll hit the beach for along weekend. Who knows??

We've gotten pretty involved with the youth group at church. Well, Jerry more so than me. We chaperoned a trip for them to Six Flags last Saturday. In June Jerry is going with them to New Orleans for a week for a mission trip. He's looking forward to that.

May 9th is homeschool day at Six Flags and Jerry & I are taking all the kids and their respective significant others. It will be Maliyah's first trip so I'm pretty excited about that.

So, that pretty much catches anyone who cares up to speed :-)

3 comments:

Sara said...

You have such a great life Nana...you are my role model for how I want to be when I become a grandma someday.

Elisabeth said...

I care, Nana!! You rule!

Samantha said...

FINALLY!!! Something new to read!! Love it!